Protect it, pack it, seal it, mark it and organize it quickly and economically!
No need to dash from store to store for supplies. We provide everything you need to make packing and unpacking as simple and fast as possible.
The Storage and Packaging Experts
We've been helping people move into storage for over 2 decades. We know virtually every tip & trick, secret & strategy to help you "get it over with" swiftly and painlessly. And we love passing this knowledge on to our customers. For your convenience, please use our Size Guide and Storage Tips to help make your move more manageable.
Self Storage Tips
- Plan your storage space. Place those items that you need to get to often in the front. Allow for walkways.
- Always clean and thoroughly dry appliances before storing. Placing a receptacle of salt inside freezers and refrigerators will help absorb moisture.
- Completely fill each box with your heaviest items on the bottom and lighter items on top.
- Always pack books flat in small boxes for easy lifting.
- Try to keep your boxes in uniform sizes. They are much easier to stack that way.
- Drain all gas and oil from engines in lawnmowers, tillers, etc.
- Label ALL boxes for easy identification
- Always pack mirrors, window, and screens on edge, not flat. Protect them by packing individually with strong cardboard.
- Leave a small space between the wall and your storage items to allow for ventilation.
- Pack your boxes and other items as close together as possible to avoid moisture accumulating between them. Always use plenty of packing papers for dishes and glasses. Each item should be wrapped individually.
- Use a HIGH QUALITY lock, preferably one sold by US Storage Centers, for your unit. They are much harder to break or cut, keeping your valuables as safe as possible.
- Always protect upholstered furniture and mattresses with specially designed plastic covers or sheers and blankets. Place a pallet or plastic sheet underneath.
- Make up an inventory of your stored items and keep it in a safe place at home or in a safe deposit box.
- Use uniform size boxes for easy stacking. BE SURE they're strong enough to hold 25-30 lbs. (it is best not to put too much in each box.)
- List contents of boxes on all four sides, number the boxes, seal with masking tape or glued paper tape.
Free Move-In Truck
We have the moving truck you need!
With low loading decks and a gentle ride it just doesn't get any better, unless of course it's FREE! That's right at select US Storage Center locations move-in trucks are provide free. Factor that in with our trucks being easy to drive and US Storage truly offers a complete solution to moving and storage.
Current Locations Offering Free Moving Trucks
- Long Beach
- Carson St.
- Rancho pueblo Storage - Temecula
- Simi Valley
- Laguna Niguel/Mission Viejo
- Harbor City (Frampton)
- Rivergate Self Storage
Storage Unit Size Guide
From residential to business storage, US Storage Center's has room for all your valuables. Please see the chart below to help determine how much space you'll need.
Unit by Size
10' x 20' - (Similar to: 1 Car Garage)
Holds the contents of aaa 5-bedroom house, or five years of business files, including desk, chairs, computer, lamps, shelves.