Baltimore Storage Units Near You
Things to Do in Baltimore, Maryland
The largest independent city in the United States, Baltimore is rich in culture and scenery. Traditionally known for its blue-collar population, the city has worked hard to rebrand itself successfully as the “Charmed City”. There’s certainly no shortage of things to do here, especially in terms of off-the-beaten-path exploration, including fantastic biking and off-roading opportunities, in particular. Unlike other sites, you can enjoy 24-hour access to your storage unit when you rent with us so you never have to stop having fun.
Top 10 Things to Do in Baltimore
1. Restoration of Baltimore’s harbor has led to it being dubbed the “city of boats”. As well as visiting one of the many historic ships on display there, it is also the perfect launch point from which to explore the city’s sights by sea. Show More
2. The streets of the inner harbor section of downtown Baltimore have in the past also played host to the famous Baltimore Grand Prix. For a more off-road driving experience, there are plenty of local terrains to explore year-round that are open to ATVs.
3. With nearly 6,000 acres of parkland and public spaces, the Baltimore community is a naturally outdoorsy bunch. Many pedestrian hiking trails traverse these parks and are the favored energetic activity by many.
4. The city also has a comprehensive and continually expanding network of bike routes, as well as newly built and dedicated bike boulevards. The tracks are clearly marked and safe and provide some of the best, most inexpensive ways to get around town.
5. Aviation buffs will particularly enjoy the city’s BWI Trail to watch the planes fly into the local airport at close range directly overhead. Although the 11-mile track was primarily intended to serve commuters, its rolling asphalt terrain makes for enjoyable recreational riding, too.
6. Another fun and easy way to cover some Baltimore ground while enjoying the fresh air is on a Segway. Join a tour, and let a guide bestow you with fun facts about the city’s history and culture.
7. Joining the droves of fans catching a game of baseball at Oriole Park, one of the most famous stadiums in the league, is always a fun way to spend a couple of hours on a sunny day. Why not dig out your own bat and ball afterwards and practise a couple of pitches nearby?
8. Breezy Point Beach and Campground is a half-mile stretch of fine, sandy beach that accommodates tents, pop-ups, RVs, and trailers. It has a limited capacity, so it’s worth calling to reserve a camping spot in advance.
9. Breezy Point also attracts fishing and crabbing enthusiasts who are drawn to its 200-foot pier and tranquil, netted waters. Swimmers beware: jellyfish have been known to roam the waters!
10. If you fancy indulging in a round of golf, Baltimore is home to more than a handful of pristine courses. Whether you’re a seasoned player or whether your clubs rarely see the light of day, that elusive hole in one is always a possibility.
Your Baltimore, Maryland Storage Solution
Storage units in Baltimore, Maryland are on hand for those in need of a bit of outsourced help in housing their recreational equipment. US Storage Centers offer a great range of storage options, including RV, boat, ATV, trailer, and personal storage storage, and feel like an extension of your home. USSC even offers free use of its moving truck, facilitating the process and helping to keep costs low.