Bossier City Storage Units Near You
Things to Do in Bossier City, Louisiana
Originally a cotton-exporting river landing next a railroad, turned airbase and oil boomtown, Bossier City is now best known for its tourism and casino gambling. There is, however, much more to this riverside region than its roulette tables. Its many lakes, rivers and parks make it every sportsman’s paradise, and the city is now home to some of Bossier Parish’s most unique attractions and recreational activities, including duck hunting! Our clean storage units in Bossier City have 24 hour surveillance so you can feel at ease knowing your amenities are secure while you are out having fun.
Top 10 Things to Do in Bossier City
1. Cyprus Black Bayou Recreation Area is the perfect base for a camping trip. Bordering a reservoir, it boasts 73 campsites as well as additional tent sites. It’s even armed with its own zoo. Whether you’re using a tent or an RV, its modern amenities make “roughing it” not quite so rough. Show More
2. The 86-acre park is also used for a whole host of water-based activities. Boating on Cyprus or Black Bayou lakes requires a boat sticker, but is the ideal way to soak up the natural beauty of the area.
3. Fishing piers also pepper these lakes, so if you prefer to enjoy casting your lines from the comfort of firm, dry land, then you will not be disappointed.
4. The large and calm surface areas of the lakes also lend themselves perfectly to water skiing opportunities. Find a pair of water skis and a willing towboat chauffeur, and you’re off!
5. Holy Roller Skate Park is a 15,000 square-foot indoor skate park in Bossier City featuring a dizzy assortment of ramps, ledges, and hand rails. Skate enthusiasts can show off their newly acquired tricks at the riverfront Skate Plaza, which is also great for inline skating and BMX bike riding.
6. Hot Wheels Skating Palace is another must-visit attraction for those who get their kicks on wheels. It also hosts the newest competing sport in the area – Bossier and Shreveport’s all-women flat-track roller derby team!
7. For biking and hiking opportunities, head to either Arthur Ray Teague Parkway or the neighboring Red River National Wildlife Refuge. There, you can explore miles of scenic gravel trails in a hidden pocket of nature.
8. Querbes Park Community Center offers a fantastic variety of leisure programs and activities. Its handsome 16-acre grounds include not only a swimming pool and tennis center but also an 18-hole golf course, so there really is something for everyone.
9. One of the area’s most popular and unique activities is hunting. The wetlands support upwards of around 9 million migrating ducks, and the local Red River area offers abundant public hunting opportunities from September to January.
10. The area’s labyrinth of peaceful rivers and backwaters is also great for canoeing and kayaking. Whiskey Chitto Creek is a particularly popular spot, where you can spot rarely seen birdlife as you paddle. If you don’t own your own canoe, Louisiana State Parks provides detailed information on rentals.
Your Bossier City, Louisiana Storage Solution
Canoes and sports equipment are not always easy to store. Whether you’re new to storage or simply shopping around for a better deal than your current solution, US Storage Centers are a trusted and complete moving and storage operation. With storage units in Bossier City, Louisiana, our facilities offer comprehensive features, including but not limited to boat, RV, and personal storage.