Cerritos Storage Units Near You
Things to Do in Cerritos, California
Formerly known as “Dairy Farm”, due to the prevalence of dairy farms in the area, Cerritos is a suburban city lying along the LA County and Orange County border. This dynamic city prides itself on its impeccably maintained local infrastructure and has many extensive and beautiful recreation facilities, including sports fields and even artificial fishing lakes. Travelling just south of Cerritos to its nearby coastline is well worth the trip, for biking, surfing, and even skydiving opportunities! Our storage facility at Cerritos offers inside storage to help protect your recreational items from the elements and theft; so you can have fun without worry.
Top 10 Things to Do in Cerritos
1. Cerritos Regional County Park houses the Cerritos Sports Complex. Featuring a number of running tracks, softball, and baseball fields, it is also home to the Cerritos Swim and Olympic Fitness Center. Whether you’re into athletics, ball sports or bathing, all tastes are catered to here. Show More
2. Another of the Sports Complex’s main attractions is its unique artificial lake, on which visitors are permitted to fish. Teeming with sporting fish of many varieties, even beginners are likely to make a catch in these waters.
3. Skateboarders and inline skate enthusiasts of all levels can show off their skills and challenge their abilities in the city’s 10,000-square-foot skate park. Its cement “street elements” comprise benches, ramps, rails, curbs, and snake runs for endless gliding amusement.
4. The city’s Iron-Wood Nine Golf Course is one of the best maintained executive courses in the area and also features a night-lit driving range, regular tournaments, and professional lessons.
5. Journey 30 minutes south of the city and you’ll hit the Huntington Beach waterfront. This uninterrupted stretch of palm-tree fringed coastline is the perfect outdoor spot for bikers and provides great access to the local seaside communities.
6. Head over to the Santa Ana River Trail for a workout that will really test cyclers’ cardiovascular fitness.
7. The magnificent stretch of Huntington Beach shoreline is also great for surfers looking to catch a wave or two. With some of the best breaks in California, its swells are equally popular with surfboarders and longboarders. You might even be lucky enough to spot a dolphin in the wake.
8. Drive a little further south and the true daredevils among us can plummet to the ground from 13,000 feet on a skydive at GoJump Oceanside. Located right on the shore, skydivers can appreciate the full panorama of the ocean below.
9. Experiencing the thrills of a whitewater rafting expedition is only a few hours north, on the Kings River. Originating high up in the hills, its Class 3 rapids descend into the canyon below and is perfect for beginner and intermediate rafters.
10. Consider combining your rafting experience with an overnight stopover in the wilderness at the splendid Twin Pines Campground. Amenities may be scarce, but its primitiveness is a large part of its appeal.
Your Cerritos, California Storage Solution
If you love getting involved in these sorts of outdoor activities but have reached the limits of your storage capacity at home, reach out to US Storage Centers. Our storage units in Cerritos, California provide convenient, affordable and secure protection for your belongings, be they motorcycles, boats, trailers, surfboards or skateboards. Take a look at our self-storage tips and get in touch to see how we can help meet your storage needs.