Conroe Storage Units Near You
Things to Do in Conroe, Texas
Roughly 40 miles north of Houston, the city of Conroe has experienced incredible growth over the last quarter of a century. Its prosperous lumber and oil industry exploits and 1930s population influx transformed the former sleepy, backwater settlement into a thriving boomtown. It once claimed more millionaires per capita than any other town in the United States, and this wealth has clearly infiltrated the recreational scene on the block. Famed for its boating, fishing and water-based sporting opportunities, the popular Lake Conroe is a particular haven for outdoor activity junkies. Each of our units are drive up and we have wide drive aisles so you don’t need to worry about getting access to your unit; so you can get out to the lake in no time at all.
Top 10 Things to Do in Conroe
1. Conroe is served by a number of lovely green spaces, most notably Candy Cane Park. Energetic visitors can hike along one of the trails spanning its 24 acres, play a spot of tennis, or simply kick back and relax under the pavilion. Show More
2. Although several bike trails cut through the heart of Conroe, the real biking action is to be found in Sam Houston National Forest, just north of the city. Characterized by their loose sand surface texture, these trails are especially fun for mountain and dirt bikers.
3. Running through East Texas Piney Woods forests, Lake Conroe extends an astonishing 21 miles in length and features multiple year-round watersports opportunities, including both water and jet skiing, as well as pleasure boating.
4. Sunset Shores RV Resort on the east shore of Lake Conroe is the place to head for luxury RV camping. The heady scents of elm, pine, oak, and pecan trees mingle in the air as the sun makes its spectacular descent beneath the horizon every evening.
5. Lake Conroe’s clean and clear water also makes for some of the best fishing around, boasting species such as catfish, smallmouth buffalo, blue, crappie and striped, white, and largemouth bass.
6. Another great fishing spot, although a little further afield, is 61st Street Fishing Pier. Here, fishing enthusiasts can enjoy the breeze, stock up on bait, and cast their reels out over the open expanse of waters making up the Gulf of Mexico.
7. The city’s 18-hole Wedgewood Golf Course is one of its community gems. The undulating fairways boast one of the highest elevation points in the area, making for fantastic backdrop views.
8. Just below the city, novice and experienced climbers alike can work on their wall-scaling proficiency at Stone Moves Indoor Rock Climbing. New climbing holds are brought in every month, to ensure nobody gets too confident or familiar with the challenging crags.
9. If you enjoy being towed behind a motorboat at speeds of up to 40km/h, eat your heart out at Hangar 9 Wake Park, just 10 minutes south of the city centre. Wakeboards, skis and kneeboards are all welcome, or just turn up in your swimsuit and let them take care of the rest!
10. Temper the subtropical and humid climate by heading south to Galveston Bay and skippering a boat around the gorgeous Kemah Boardwalk. The mixed waters here are a spawning ground for a wide variety of marine life, including oysters, crabs, and shrimp.
Your Conroe, Texas Storage Solution
Sometimes our eyes are bigger than our homes when it comes to stocking up on gear to indulge our recreational habits. US Storage Centers feature a wide variety of storage units in Conroe, Texas, to accommodate your overflowing equipment. From boat and RV storage to personal items such as golf clubs, fishing rods, and climbing gear, we store it securely for you while you don’t need it. Call today to find out more.