Covina Storage Units Near You
Things to Do in Covina, California
Roughly 22 miles east of downtown Los Angeles, the city of Covina is nestled between the Pacific Ocean and the San Gabriel Valley Mountains. Formerly believed to be the smallest local city in the country, its slogan “One Mile Square and All There” is no longer fit for the expanded version of its former self. The area’s mountainous terrain makes it ideally situated for anyone who revels in the great outdoors and activities such as quad biking, cycling, and hiking. US Storage in Covina allows you to store your recreational items in a safe and clean environment so that they are ready to go when you are.
Top 10 Things to Do in Covina
1. Sante Fe Recreation Area in Baldwin Park, nestled at the foot of the San Gabriel Mountains, is one of the area’s hidden jewels. The facility spans over 800 acres and features a 70-acre lake on which non-motorized boats are permitted for year-round fishing. Show More
2. West Covina’s Big League Dreams Sports Park is the area’s multi-use pavilion that can be used as an ice hockey rink or soccer/baseball field. For anyone wanting to imagine themselves in the big league, pitching on these scaled down replicas of famous ballparks is what dreams are made of.
3. The San Gabriel Valley Mountains conceal some of the best mountain biking trails for miles. El Prieto is one of the most popular for those wishing to tackle a relatively technically challenging trail but is also navigable by novices who are willing to walk a couple of its more demanding sections.
4. The Mount Hillyer Loop Trail in the Chilao Flat area features kinder climbs and descents. Although still aerobically challenging, this route highlights the extreme contrast between many of the tracks in the San Valley area.
5. Green Valley Campground lies northwest of Covina, between Lake Arrowhead and Big Bear Lake, in the San Bernardino National Forest. The pine-covered mountains surrounding the site provide a beautiful backdrop to all the recreational opportunities available here.
6. Less than a mile from the Green Valley campsite is Green Valley Lake. This 9-acre lake is swarming with wildlife, regularly stocked with fish, and known for its exceptional trout-catching potential.
7. Just the other side of the San Gabriel Valley lies AV Motoplex. This motocross park features a main track and a separate diminutive track. Both tracks are periodically groomed and watered, making for great quad biking conditions.
8. Hikers in search of taxing territory will appreciate the rugged features of the local Azusa Canyon. Its 10-mile Bridge to Nowhere trail leads travellers along the east fork of the San Gabriel river towards a popular bungee-jumping point – take flight if you dare!
9. For less experienced hikers, or families in search of gentle walking opportunities, Covina’s 42-acre Galster Wilderness Park features several leisurely climbs on shady trails, within one of the only open-space recreation areas within city limits.
10. The surrounding beauty of Covina makes for some very picturesque golfing, and Tiger Woods wannabes generally head to Covina’s Rancho Duarte Golf Course. It’s almost possible to become desensitized to the beauty of the San Valley foothills as players stroll among their grandeur.
Your Covina, California Storage Solution
Is it possible to quad bike without an ATV, or mountain bike without a motorcycle? The short answer is ‘no’, and unless renting is an option, these vehicles take up room. At US Storage Centers, we appreciate this and specialize in helping people free up space through leasing our storage units in Covina, California. We also recognize that storage needs can change, and enable our customers to upgrade or downsize units free of charge. Call today to find out more about our fantastic self-storage options, as well as our boat, RV , and ATV storage opportunities.