Dallas Storage Units Near You
Things to Do in Dallas, Texas
Located in North Texas, Dallas’ prominence stemmed from its historical importance as a center for cotton, cattle and, later, oil. Its pioneering spirit continued from strength to strength and it’s now considered one of the most modern and sophisticated cities in the region. With 21,000 acres of parkland, 4,400 acres of lakes and over 60 miles of dedicated recreational trails, the city boasts a rich community life where people work to live - not vice versa. If you like to get out and about, Dallas is perfect for off-road fun and adventure. We keep our Dallas storage units constantly clean and well lit so whenever you need something you know you can get it.
Top 10 Things to Do in Dallas
1. Constructed at the beginning of the 20th century, White Rock Lake is one of the city’s significant water features and a popular destination for city dwellers seeking respite from the urban mayhem. Although motorized boats are not welcome on its waters, canoes and kayaks are freely permitted. Show More
2. There are several fishing piers dotted along White Rock Lake too, where locals and visitors rub shoulders to compete for the lake’s thriving fish population, among which include catfish, carp and gar.
3. The White Rock Lake area also features some particularly scenic cycling trails, the most popular of which hugs the lake itself and provides nearly 10 miles of smooth, asphalt perfection.
4. The Katy Trail is one of the most famous trails traversing Dallas, serving joggers, inline skaters and bikers as one of the city’s major recreational amenities. Following an abandoned railroad track, it runs through the most densely developed section of the city and is one of its true gems.
5. Getting off the beaten track is super easy in Dallas, with over 200 miles of off-road biking paths to choose from. Some of the best trails to blaze are found on Big Cedar. This is the closest thing Dallas has to a mountain and offers many changes in elevation for a great workout.
6. If it’s been awhile since you loaded up the dirt bike or ATV, consider heading to Underground MX Park, one of the city’s closest and dedicated off-road areas. Built on shady, East Texas ranch land, riding conditions are top quality on these well-maintained tracks.
7. When visiting Dallas as a tourist, a trip wouldn’t be complete without a visit to see its NFL home team, the Dallas Cowboys. The Cowboys still hold the title as the only NFL team to record 20 straight winning seasons.
8. There are a handful of fantastic 18-hole golf courses in Dallas, but Cedar Crest in the south is arguably the best. No matter what your handicap, digging out your clubs and teeing off on the beautiful greens of this previous PGA Championship site is always gratifying.
9. Spanning 6,000 acres, the Great Trinity Forest is the largest urban hardwood forest in the U.S. and forms part of the Trinity River Project. Due to include a horse park and a set of new trails for hiking and biking, its aim is to redevelop the river’s paths into a series of enviable recreational opportunities!
10. Joe Pool Lake lies to the southwest of the city and is worth the drive for its two popular camp spots along the shoreline – Loyd Park and Cedar Hill State Park. It also offers plenty of sites further inland for those who prefer a shadowed alcove away from the water’s edge.
Your Dallas, Texas Storage Solution
If you like to spend the day outdoors but don’t have room for some of the kit that inevitably comes with the lifestyle, US Storage Centers is on hand to help. With storage units in Dallas, Texas, we provide low rates and convenient 24/7 access so that you can retrieve your belongings when you need them most. Contact us today to find out more about our personal, bike trailer, ATV, boat and RV storage.