Gardena Storage Units Near You
Things to Do in Gardena, California
Located in South Bay, Gardena lies 15 miles south of Los Angeles. Originally a small farming community, many believe its name pays testament to its reputation as the only fertile green area in the dry season between Los Angeles and the ocean. With a total area expanding over less than 6 square miles, it is home to a large Japanese-American community. Early railroads put the area firmly on the map and it has since blossomed into an active and progressive community. Nobody has far to go to track down top-notch outdoor fun, given Gardena’s close proximity to the finest beaches on the west coast and some great off-road trails. Storing with us is as safe, smooth, and simple as it gets in Gardena; allowing you to be in and out quickly and safely.
Top 10 Things to Do in Gardena
1. To get the legs moving and heart pumping, bikers head to the nearby Skyline Trail. Although it takes some serious pedaling to climb, the views from the top are well worth the effort and sailing back down the dirt road is a piece of cake. Show More
2. K1 Speed Torrance caters to four-wheeled speed fiends, with its high-grip concrete go-kart race track straights and hairpin bends. Race against the clock or your friends in one of their zero-emission electric go-karts.
3. One of the most rewarding off-road experiences in the surrounding area can be found just west of Downtown Lancaster, at the Antelope Valley Poppy Reserve. These scenic, sloping trails set in its endless acres of blooming poppy fields are a truly unique environment in which to explore the wilderness.
4. Pyramid Lake lies on the boundary of Angeles National Forest, north of Gardena, and is the deepest of the California Water Project lakes. Its vast expanse offers abundant fishing opportunities, for both lake fishers and fly-fishers. Angling enthusiasts have a shot at catching trout, bass, glue gill and crappie.
5. To the east of Gardena lies Palm Springs. This intriguing terrain can be traversed by avid and amateur hikers alike, but don’t forget to pack your water bottle – temperatures can get pretty hot out there! The Indian Canyon Trails are the valley's’ most famous and display a wide variety of desert vegetation and wildlife.
6. A short distance north of Palm Springs takes you to Joshua Tree, with its dreamlike geological features, punctuated by its spiky and instantly recognizable trees. Joshua Tree Lake RV and Campground is every campers’ dream, with panoramic vistas and a starry blanket of night sky beneath which campers can bunk down for a good night’s sleep.
7. Heading back towards Gardena, travelers can detour via the popular mountain biking destination of Big Bear. Whether you’re after a 5-mile or 26-mile excursion, its wide network of trails has you covered, and there’s even a chairlift for those who are too lazy for the uphill climb!
8. Located at the southeast corner of the city, the Gardena Willows Wetland Preserve is a 9-acre naturally-occurring area of marshland. Visitors may view the wetlands and their unique native flora and fauna, in all their glory, from the Perimeter Trail.
9. Manhattan Beach lies just to the west of Gardena and features 2 miles of wide, clean, sandy beach. As a renowned hotspot for body boarding and surfing, locals come here to cool off and work on their wave-riding techniques.
10. Sailing these shores is also a popular way to escape the inland heat and humidity. Looking back on the twinkling lights of the vibrant seaside community can be mesmerizing on a nocturnal cruise.
Your Gardena, California Storage Solution
Unless you’re renting equipment - hiking, surfing, camping and biking all take up precious space. Perhaps you’re downsizing or refurbishing your home, or have only just found the time to deal with your clutter? Having been in the business for decades, US Storage Centers understands and can meet your RV, motorcycle, or other storage needs via our storage units in Gardena, California. Call 866-858-7031 to find out more about our flexible payment plans and range of storage options.