Hawthorne Storage Units Near You
Things to Do in Hawthorne, California
Birthplace of the world-famous pop group, the Beach Boys, Hawthorne is a city in southwestern Los Angeles County. Only 6 square miles in area, it’s convenient and accessible location has led to it being coined the “Hub of the South Bay”. With warm sunny days, cool evenings and sea breezes, temperatures in the area are consistently around some of the most pleasant in the notoriously sticky Los Angeles basin. Beach recreation in this area is among the world’s best, and it also offers quick and easy access to a horde of outdoor possibilities in the nearby mountains. At US Storage Centers of Hawthorne, we take great care of our clean self-storage facility, and we maintain daily upkeep because we want you to have the best storage experience possible.
Top 10 Things to Do in Hawthorne
1. Toyota Sports Center is a prized public skating facility in Hawthorne, consisting of an Olympic-sized ice rink, NHL sized ice hockey rink, indoor inline hockey rink, and basketball court. Home to LA’s only flat-track roller derby league, its magnitude has to be seen to be believed. Show More
2. Just outside the city lies Alondra Park, a huge county regional park that recently underwent an extensive renovation. As well as swimming pools and basketball, it also features a skate park for those burning to flaunt their freestyle moves.
3. Alondra Golf Course is an inexpensive, yet well-groomed, course for anyone looking for a playable round of golf. Boasting terrific views of the surrounding landscape, it hides subtle challenges and is more difficult than first appearances might have you believe.
4. Seemingly endless beach communities abound to the west of Hawthorne, and nearby Hermosa Beach possibly offers the most “typical” Southern Californian beach vibe. Locals in the know frequently come to surf and fish its temperate waters.
5. El Segundo beach, located in nearby Santa Monica Bay, is a playground for sailors hoping to catch sight of a whale or dolphin. These beautiful creatures are accustomed to attention and often come out to play.
6. The nearby Manhattan Beach hosts the second oldest pro-amateur cycling race in America each summer. The circuit runs along Valley and Manhattan Beach Boulevard and is one of the most scenic and well-presented in the sport.
7. For bikers who prefer paths of the unpaved variety, Topanga State Park to the north conceals hundreds of mountain biking trails. Mulholland Drive traverses the entirety of the park and leads bikers through sycamore and oak forests, high above its canyons.
8. Hopkins Prairie Campground is one of Florida’s best. Located near Ocala National Forest, just west of Hawthorne, it offers 21 well-shaded sites on its prairie-surrounded peninsula and is the perfect destination for campers looking to get off the beaten path.
9. Hopkins Prairie Campground also lies not far from the Ocala North OHV Trail System, complete with its 6 interconnecting trail loops. Most of these trails are wide enough for ATVs and include twisting sections and deep berms among their sandy flatness.
10. Motorcyclists in search of pure, single track recreation will find all they’re looking for and more at Ocala North’s 14-mile Motorcycle Loop Trailhead. This track passes through longleaf pine and wiregrass terrain and accesses some of the highest hills in the forest.
Your Hawthorne, California Storage Solution
If you don’t have the room to park your motorcycle, ATV or RV in the parking space outside your home – or spend sleepless nights worrying about its safety on display for everyone to see - US Storage Centers offers protected and highly secure storage facilities for exactly this purpose. Our storage units in Hawthorne, California have been housing clients’ valuable possessions since 1985. Depending on your circumstances, we offer short-term and long-term rental options with no required commitment on your part. Call today to make a reservation!