Hialeah Storage Units Near You
Things to do in Hialeah, Florida
Located west of Miami on a large prairie between the Everglades and Biscayne Bay, Hialeah is surrounded by one of the largest networks of beaches, parks, wetlands, and recreational gems in the United States. A large proportion of Hialeah residents are Cuban or Cuban-American, which gives the city a distinctive flavor. This diverse and dynamic community is proud of its ethnicity and has created what many consider being the most economically successful immigrant enclave in U.S. history. This thriving city, with its myriad of recreational opportunities, is a great place to live, work and play. When you come in to find your new self-storage unit in Hialeah, we will help you choose the best option according to what and for how long you want to store.
Top 10 Things to Do in Hialeah
1. Amelia Earhart Park
Over 100 acres of public park areas serve the community, the most significant of which is Amelia Earhart Park, spanning over 500 acres. This urban space draws crowds for many reasons, not least its 8 challenging miles of woodland mountain bike trails, including fire road and single track trails comprising climbs, downhills, jumps and banked corners. Show More
2. Miami Watersports Complex This park also houses the new Miami Watersports Complex, which is every watersports enthusiast’s paradise. Paddle boarding, water skiing, wake surfing, as well as cable and boat wakeboarding are just some of the exhilarating surface sports on offer. All ability levels are welcome.
3. Fishing Fishing is also permitted in the park’s 90-acre freshwater lake. Its extensive aquatic vegetation community ensures that there are enough curious critters for everyone!
4. Skateboarding in Miami-Dade Park Unfortunately, the skate park in Amelia Earhart Park was destroyed by a hurricane, but skateboarders don’t have far to travel to learn new tricks, at Miami-Dade Park. This nearby, outdoor skate park features an aggressive street course with tricky ramps and grinding rails.
5. Hialeah Park Race Track The historic Hialeah Park Race Track is one of the oldest existing recreational facilities in southern Florida, and is hailed as one of the most beautiful racetracks in the world. There have been countless horse racing histories played out at the park and a $1 billion restoration project is currently underway…watch this space!
6. Key Biscanye Kayaking and snorkeling off Key Biscayne, where the coastal birds and marine life are plentiful, is a real treat. As the only federally recognized underwater archaeological trail in the U.S., its coastal barrier reef is a joy to explore. During the summer turtle season, it can even be possible to observe their hatchling release program.
7. Sea Life See wild manatees and dolphins up close in their natural habitat on a canoe trip through the hushed sanctuary of the area’s quiet mangrove backwaters. Traversing these flooded forests really is Florida at its finest.
8. Country Club of Miami Hialeah has three tennis centers, as well as two beautifully manicured golf courses, which form part of the Country Club of Miami. Their rolling greens and treacherous bunkers will test golfers’ strategy skills on the course where Jack Nicklaus played his first professional tournament.
9. Arch Creek Park and Nature Center Toast marshmallows under the stars at the campground situated within Arch Creek Park and Nature Center. Here campers can discover the nocturnal native wildlife at what was formerly the site of the Tequesta Indians from 500 B.C. to 1300 A.D.
10. Devils Garden Mud Club One of the top spots for off-roading ATV adventure in the area is a little further inland, at Devils Garden Mud Club. This expansive space comprises the state’s biggest mud park and enables seasoned pros and first-timers to kick up some dirt on its trails and obstacle courses.
Your Hialeah, Florida Storage Solution
Whether you’re a seasoned nature explorer or a novice wanting a better appreciation of the great outdoors, there is no shortage of things to do in Hialeah. For all that gear you’re going to need making the most of the wilderness, US Storage Centers has a fantastic range of affordable storage units in Hialeah, Florida. Whether you need space for your gear, or even if you just want to store your personal belongings, we’re the ones to call! If you have any questions about our facility or how we can help serve your needs, feel free to contact us today.