Pasadena is a great place for boating, with plenty of lakes, rivers, bays, and estuaries within a short distance. If you own a boat, regardless of how big or small, finding the best boat storage Pasadena, TX has to offer is likely a concern. At US Storage Centers, we provide outdoor, covered areas that are large and spacious for you to park larger vessels of all types. We also provide inside spaces, which may be better suited for small boats, such as kayaks and canoes. You can help make sure your boat remains in top condition by following a few simple steps prior to storing.
Summer and Winter Boat Storage
Even a smaller boat takes up considerable space on your property, where it can be subject to theft or damage from the elements. At US Storage Centers, our units provide the perfect solution. We are easily accessible off of Spencer Highway, and near a variety of popular boating areas managed by Texas Parks and Wildlife. We are also conveniently located near popular communities, such as Ridgeway, Spencer View Terrace, Greenwood Place, and College Park.
The method you use for boat storage in Pasadena will depend on the season you are in. As such, consider following these tips from Boats.com:
During the spring, summer, and fall months, you will likely be taking your boat out more frequently and will want it set up and ready to go when you are.
- Kayaks, dinghies, and other small boats should be stored upside down, rather than on their side or facing up. This will help retain their shape and prevent warping. You can keep these in one of our inside units to protect them, and use blocks to keep them off the ground and allow for air circulation.
- Trailered boats up to 26-feet-long can be kept in one of our covered storage units in Pasadena to prevent dirt and debris from getting inside.
Over the winter or anytime your boat is not in use, you will want to take additional precautions to make sure it is protected from the elements:
- Using a heavy, cotton duck canvas cover, which allows air to circulate, is the traditional way to protect your boat from the elements.
- ‘Shrink wrapping’ is a new and modern technique. Plastic is placed over vinyl webbing, which is then heated to mold to the shape of the boat. Zippers and ventilation areas can be added in.
- Once safely in your Pasadena boat storage space and prior to sealing, sponge any extra water out of the bilge, and make sure all cabinets and doors are open a crack.
Visit Our Pasadena Storage Unit Facility
For boat storage in Pasadena, TX, stop by US Storage Centers and tour our facilities. Located at 7905 Spencer Highway, our friendly, knowledgeable staff members are available to answer your questions. Our onsite management, secure gated access, and 24-hour video monitoring ensure your boat will be kept safe and secure. Easy pin code entry and extended hours provide the assurance of easy access whenever you are ready to hit the water.
Pasadena, TX 77505